It from bit
2^x - how many distinct values could be represented with
log2 x - how many bits is required to optimally represent information
two basic properties
- which are (combinations)
- how many (quantity)
- the notion of an alternative - logical connective
- the notion of a Sum specify which outcomes are possible
- the notion of addition says how many of them
- the notion of a combination - logical connective
- the notion of a product specify which combinations are possible
- the notion of multiplication says how many of them
- the notion of transformation - an implication - connective
- the notion of mapping says which arrows are possible
- the notion of exponentiation says how many are there
- exponentiation is not associative, so is implication
- it has a direction, like a vector or a process. a build-up
Everything we think we know are just a rough approximations.
Everything expressed in a dualistic notion of logical OR - this or that, 1 or 0 are naive oversimplifications. Reality, it seems, manifested itself in accordance with the notion of logical AND - this AND that, 0 AND 1, (NOT 0 OR 1). To some extent, with some probability - fuzzy logic, as they call it.
Position of a particle is NOT known OR unknown - it is known AND unknown. It is an approximation, it is known to some extent - truth times some term between 0 and 1. It is a particle AND a wave, it is mass AND energy, it is a field, it is fuzzy. They call this Quantum mechanics.
In the same way, the source of consciousness is known AND unknown. It cannot be described with thoughts made out of words - its products, but it very often could be grasped, experienced non-verbaly. Just because it is everything everywhere and we are That.